Week of October 8, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,
I was glad to hear the many good reports about Fr. Jim and his sermon on the English Bible from Sunday, but I certainly am looking forward to being back with you again this week. This Sunday, we'll be talking about prayer. Have you ever thought of prayer as a gift of which we are called to be good stewards? That's what I want to challenge you with on Sunday.
We've already had an great week at St. Andrew's, especially yesterday when the BlessMobile yesterday served more than 150 people on Taco Tuesday! But there's lots more great stuff coming up this week...
- Outdoor Family Movie Night — Sat. Oct 14 at 6 pm: Parents and kids of all ages are invited. We'll start with pizza dinner and crafts inside, and then as soon as it's dark enough to see the movie, we'll be watching "The Incredibles" out on the front lawn! Bring blankets and lawn chairs! You can read more on the Facebook event page (and if you haven't already, join the St. Andrew's Families group on Facebook).
- "Meet St. Andrew's," Oct 15, 12:30 pm: If you're new to our parish family, interested in membership, or even just want to learn more about St. Andrew's, don't miss this lunch. You'll have some more relaxed time with Fr. Andrew and Deacon Pam, hear about the history of the parish, what we believe and value, and what it means to be a member of this community. Lunch will immediately follow the 11 a.m. service (so about 12:30 p.m.); kids are welcome. RSVP, please, by emailing Brandi McSwain.
- Commit to Pray, Pledge and Participate at St. Andrew's: This Sunday, we'll be kicking off our annual stewardship program, inspired by a verse from 1 Samuel, "Commit yourself completely to God and worship only Him." This first week we're going to talk about prayer, the way a commitment to that can impact our church and our lives. Please make a point of being at St. Andrew's these next weeks; they are an important step in this next chapter God is writing at St. Andrew's.
- Senior Luncheon, Oct 19, 11:30 am: Come enjoy St. Andrew's Seniors Oktoberfest Luncheon with German food on Thursday, October 19, from 11:30 to 1 p.m. Dan Wilson will be the guest speaker, talking about "Abundant Life." If you can attend but have not already RSVP'd, please email Suzanne Cecil and let her know if you can bring food.
- SAY (St. Andrew's Youth): SAY is back again this weekend. If your family hasn't made it yet, make plans to this the week. Besides games and dinner, our youth are diving into some serious matters of faith, with wonderful sponsors alongside them. Good stuff is happening; I hope you'll be a part. Junior High meet at 4:30; senior high meet at 6 p.m. Dinner for both groups is at 5:30 p.m.
You can always check out our website for information on the events coming up a little farther in the future (including Make a Difference Day on October 28), as well as listen to past sermons. Blessings on the rest of your week friends!
May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you.
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below: October 15
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990