Week of October 22, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,
I am sure that many of you were touched, as I was, by Dan Wilson's excellent reflection in Sunday's Commitment Moment. If you missed it, you can listen to it here. I loved how Dan set up the problem of sacrifice, of how hard it is to give everything, but without resolving exactly what to do. He closed his reflection with a prayer that he and his wife, Tee, are praying about their own pledge, "Lord may we commit this pledge to you...out of a deep desire...to move closer to you in that perfect abundant joy you are offering to all of us when you say, 'Then come and follow me.' "
We're halfway through our stewardship campaign for 2018, and I hope you are praying about your gift to St. Andrew's as Dan and Tee are. Our stewardship campaign if vitally important to our ongoing ministry and our plans for growth in 2018. We need your gifts, for this is how St. Andrew's works. But giving also works for the giver. You can hear my sermon from Sunday on that topic here.
There's lots of great stuff — and not all of it stewardship related — coming up at St. Andrew's. What will you be participating in?
- Make a Difference Day, Blanket Project — Oct. 28: You can participate in McKinney's Make a Difference Day at St. Andrew's by helping us sew weighted blankets for foster and adoptive children. The blankets have been started; they just need to be filled and sewn. To learn more or sign up, email our Hands & Feet ministry ( ).
- Women's Friendship Circle — Oct. 30: The Women's Friendship Circle is meeting on Oct, 30 at 7 p.m. at the home of Patty Grandage. Please bring an appetizer to share. If you haven't already RSVP'd, please email Miranda Martin, WFC Coordinator. The address and directions will be sent to those who have RSVP'd.
- Commemoration of the Faithful Departed — Nov. 2, 7 p.m.: We're going to have a special service to remember and celebrate the lives of our departed relatives and friends. Come pray, reflect, and worship at this special service.
- Commitment Sunday — Nov. 5: As we are asking everyone to play, pledge and participate at St. Andrew's in 2018. We are looking forward to a wonderful celebration on Nov. 5, All Saints Sunday, at which we will collect the commitment cards in worship. Please plan to be at worship that Sunday, and in the meantime, continue to pray about what the Lord is calling you to give of your prayers, monetary resources, and skills in the coming year.
- SAY (St. Andrew's Youth): SAY is back again this weekend. If your family hasn't made it yet, make plans to attend this week. Besides games and dinner, our youth are diving into some serious matters of faith, with wonderful sponsors alongside them. Good stuff is happening; I hope you'll be a part. Junior High meet at 4:30 p.m.; senior high meet at 6 p.m.. Dinner for both groups is at 5:30 p.m.
May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you.
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990