Week of November 26, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,
What a great week we've had so far! The "Believe!" race supporting Holy Family School was a lot of fun, and we had a great turnout in the beautiful weather. Then we had a wonderful Sunday of worship, including the baptism of little Barrett. That afternoon, the BlessMobile served meal after meal to our friends at Merritt. Women's Friendship Circle met on Monday, and this week we still have Advent Family Night and the First Sunday of Advent to look forward to.
There's all sorts of great stuff coming up at St. Andrew's this season. Here are some of the highlights:
- Advent Family Night — December 1: Starts at 6:30 pm! We'll enjoy a pizza dinner and then have lots of Advent crafts and music, and even a visit from St. Nicholas. For dinner, we ask a contribution of $5 per person / $20 per family. RSVPing helps us know how much food we need. You can do so by emailing our Children and Family Minister, Stephanie Van Kirk ( .
- Hymns of Advent and Christmas — Begins December 6: Our dinner and discipleship series returns on December 6. This year, after enjoying dinner together at 6:45, we'll be learning about the stories behind popular Advent and Christmas hymns and carols. This will enrich your enjoyment and worship as you learn more about the meaning and background of the music of this season. Meets in the Great Hall. There is no need to sign up to attend, but if you can help provide dinner, please email Nancy Brockman.
- Angel Tree Gifts Due Back — December 3 is the final Sunday to pick up an Angel off our Angel Tree (or Angel Board), and we still have some angels in need of adoption. Angels can also be adopted by stopping by the church office this week. Please remember that all Angel Tree gifts are due back at St. Andrew's by Sunday, December 10. Thank you for helping to bless these families, and making Christmas for these kids extra special.
- Christmas at St. Andrew's Schedule and Overview: Our Christmas schedule is now up on our website. If you're looking to make plans about which service to attend or want to see all our Advent and Christmas offerings in one place, check it out. Also, if you haven't already, get your children and grandchildren signed up for our annual Christmas pageants. You can sign them up online.
- Bread Ministry — St. Andrew's is partnering with Tom Thumb and local area social service ministries to make sure that bread and pastries make it into the hands of those who are hungry rather than the landfill. We pick up on Tuesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and are in need of volunteers to help take the goods from the stores to our partner agencies. If you're interested in helping, email Hands and Feet.
Don't forget, you can always check out our website for information on the events coming up a little farther in the future, as well as listen to past sermons. Blessings on the rest of your week friends!
May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you. Happy Thanksgiving!
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990