Week of December 3, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,
Greetings. I hope your Advent is off to a happy and holy start as you prepare the way of the Lord this holiday season. Here are some of the highlights of the great stuff going on at St. Andrew's this time of year:
- Advent Dinner and Discipleship, The Hymns of Advent and Christmas — Wednesdays 6:45-8 p.m.: Our dinner and discipleship series returns tonight. After dinner we'll be learning about the stories behind popular Advent and Christmas hymns and carols. This multimedia presentation, with sound, video, and images, will deepen your appreciation of the music that surrounds us in church and in the world this season. You do not need to have RSVP'd to attend; just show up at 6:45 p.m.
- Dinner and Discipleship is For Kids, Too: After dinner at 6:45, Stephanie Van Kirk and Bekah Jean will be leading a special class just for kids that is thematically identical but age-appropriate: "Songs of the Christmas story." You've sung these Christmas carols — now discover their rich stories! This three-week, multi-media curriculum reintroduces kids to the story of Christmas through these beloved carols. Each interactive lesson reveals God's plan: Jesus!
- Angel Tree Gifts Due Back Sunday — We need all our angel tree gifts, wrapping paper, and gift cards back at St. Andrew's this Sunday, December 10. If you won't be able to attend worship this week, you can drop them off at the church office. Thank you for helping to bless these families and making Christmas for these kids extra special.
- BlessMobile Taco Tuesday, December 12 — This is the last BlessMobile @ Merritt this calendar year! Come join us for tacos. Prep in the church kitchen happens between 2-4 p.m., if you'd like to help. We load the truck and head to Merritt after that, serving from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. If you'd like to participate, signup online.
- Christmas Pageants — First, if you haven't done so already, please register your children (and grandchildren / friends) for the Christmas pageant using this online form. Our pageant team really needs your help doing this, so we can get the pageants organized and parts assigned. Rehearsals for all the pageants are next Saturday, December 16. The rehearsal for the December 17 pageant is 9 a.m., for the December 24, 4 p.m. pageant, it's at 11 a.m., and for the December 24, 7 p.m .pageant, rehearsal is at 2 p.m. If you have a conflict with rehearsal, please email Stephanie Van Kirk and we'll get it worked out.
- Christmas at St. Andrew's Schedule and Overview: Our Christmas schedule is now up on our website. If you're looking to make plans about which service to attend, or want to see all our Advent and Christmas offerings in one place, check it out.
Don't forget, you can always check out our website for information on the events coming up a little farther in the future as well as listen to past sermons, including my message about preparing for advent, "Something More Than Santa Land." Blessings on the rest of your week, friends! May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you.
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below: