Week of September 3, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,
This is going to be a great weekend at St. Andrew's. It's our "Say Yes!" Ministry Sunday. As in previous years, Ministry Sunday is a chance to learn about and sign up for all sorts of opportunities, ministries, and groups that make up our life together. It's also a great opportunity for fellowship. But, unlike recent years, our "Say Yes!" Ministry Sunday will have an all new format and is completely air conditioned. I hope you'll spend a little time in thought and prayer this week about how you want to grow and develop in your walk with Christ, and then join us on Sunday.
Now that we're on the other side of the Labor Day holiday, lots of our regular groups, studies, and activities are starting up. Read on for this week's key things...
- Ministry Sunday — September 10 at all services: We have so many wonderful ways at St. Andrew's for you and your family to grow, be involved, and serve our community. At our annual Ministry Sunday, we lay all those opportunities out together. We'll also have more significant coffee and refreshments, and it's a great day for fellowship. Ministry Sunday activities will be before and after all services on Sunday.
- SAY! Back to School Swim Party — September 10, 3-5 pm: Celebrate the beginning of another great year of SAY (St. Andrew's Youth) with a swim party. It'll be at the home of Charlie and Kristin Woodward. They'll be food. And swimming. And fun. To get the address, please email Brandi McSwain.
- Screwtape Letters Series Starts Sept 13: Our fall discipleship series on C.S. Lewis' classic The Screwtape Letters begins in one week. Led by Father Andrew, this group will meet weekly on Wednesday nights from September 13 - November 15. If you want to sign up, or would like more information, please email Fr. Andrew. If you're already signed up, look for an email from the Heavenly Intelligence Agency (HIA) next Monday with the week's reading assignment (it's short).
- Partnering with St. John the Divine Episcopal Church in Houston: St. Andrew's is partnering with other local Episcopal churches to help families from St. John the Divine Episcopal Church in Houston. Please consider a financial gift to sponsor the purchase of industrial fans, dehumidifiers, gloves and masks. This relationship will likely be a long-term commitment on our part, to pray with and support the parish in whatever way we can as they struggle to recover from this disaster. Thank you for praying with us! Checks can be made out to St. Andrew's, and please write "H&F - Harvey" in the memo line.
- Hurricane Harvey Families Need Furniture: A local McKinney family has taken in two families who were displaced by Hurricane Harvey. Our Furniture Ministry will be helping to furnish homes for these families and others. If you have furniture to donate, please write Furniture on your Connection Card and we will email you for details. Please note: we are in particular need of dressers/chests of drawers. Donations must be in excellent condition, from smoke-free homes.
Finally, I can't tell you how blessed my family and I have been by your support and encouragement since Ned Searles, our Senior Warden, announced my appointment as Priest-in-Charge here at St. Andrew's. Thank you. With hearts full of gratitude and excitement, we look forward to the future to which the Lord is calling St. Andrew's.
Don't forget you can always check out our website for information on the events coming up a little farther in the future, as well as listen to past sermons. Blessings on the rest of your week friends! May the grace and peace of our Lord be with you.
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990 | | standrewsonline.net