Looking for a fun pancake recipe for Shrove Tuesday? Try this one out!
- 3 Tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 4 Large Eggs
- ¾ Cup Milk
- ¾ Cup all-purpose flour (make sure to level)
- ½ Teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in medium cast-iron skillet over medium heat; set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, cooled melted butter, vanilla, and sugar in blender.
- Blend well on high until mixture foams, about one minute.
- Pour batter into buttered skillet; bake until pancake is puffed and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- The pancake will puff up and then fall as it cools.
- While the pancake is cooking, whip together the topping.
Whipped Lemon Cream
- 1 Package of instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 Pint of whipping cream
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Rind of half of one lemon zested
- Fresh Raspberries
- Pour the lemon juice and lemon pudding mix into a cold mixing bowl (You can stick the bowl in the freezer for a few minutes).
- Slowly pour the whipping cream into the bowl, mixing on low at first, and then gradually increasing the speed until the mixture forms a thick spread (The consistency should be similar to that of whipped butter).
To serve, slice the Dutch pancake into eighths and serve with a large spoonful of whipped lemon cream and a sprinkle of raspberries. This is a dish that is at its best while still warm.