Week of March 4, 2018
Brothers and Sisters,
We had a great weekend of worship this past week, and an even better women's retreat. Here's some highlights of things coming up in the next week or two at St. Andrew's.
- Lenten Wednesdays Continue:
° 6 p.m. — Evening Prayer in the Great Hall: Simple midweek worship in the Anglican tradition.
° 6:45 p.m. — Dinner and Discipleship — Servant Speakers Series: This week we're excited to have Eppy Thern, the executive director of Shiloh Place with us. Shiloh Place is an amazing ministry for women and children just outside of downtown McKinney, and Eppy has an amazing story that has led her to this position today. Come and hear her.
° Dinner is Italian food — there is no charge for dinner, but we will be collecting donations for Shiloh Place.
- Our next senior lunch is March 15. Yes, that is "the ides of March," but since you're not Julius Caesar, you have no need to beware and no excuse not to be there!
- Don't forget our Lenten drive. We're collecting diapers, wipes and feminine hygiene products throughout this month. You can place them in the hospitality hallway when you're up here at St. Andrew's.
- Have your heard about our Educational Seder and 1st Century meal? On March 28, the Wednesday of Holy Week, as a way of exploring the significance and symbolism of the Last Supper, we will discuss the meaning and purpose of the Passover meal that Jesus shared with his disciples. Following the educational seder meal, we'll have a first-century style meal together as a parish family. A $5 donation per person is suggested to help cover the cost of the actual meal. RSVP required (email Brandi McSwain).
• Don't miss out on our Walk with Jesus family event on Friday, March 23. Families will retrace Jesus steps in the final weeks of his life to learn about the significance of Holy Week and Easter. Journeys start at 6, 6:30, 7 pm. Reserve your departure time today, and sign-up online.
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990