Week of January 28, 2018
Brothers and Sisters,
I hope you're having a great week so far! Here are the highlights of what's coming up this week at St. Andrew's:
- TONIGHT: Last Wednesday Discipleship Before Lent: Our two adult programs on Wednesday evening — Exploring Episcopal Worship and Connecting with the Gospels are both concluding this evening. The last meetings for each will be at
7 p.m.: Deacon Pam will be leading the Exploring Episcopal Worship session #4, "Praying with the Propers" and the Connecting with the Gospels group will be studying next Sunday's gospel lesson. We will have no Wednesday classes
- Belize Mission Trip Meeting: If you are interested in going on the February 2019 mission trip to Belize, please make plans to attend the information session between services on Sunday (February 4 — 10:30 a.m.) in Room 102.
- Exploring Episcopal Worship — Sunday Series: If you're attending the Sunday series (12:30 p.m.) of Exploring Episcopal Worship, our second meeting is this coming Sunday, Feb. 4. Please note, we've switched the order of the classes. On Feb. 4 we will be doing Session #3, the Instructed Eucharist; Session #2 on "Who Does What?" will be February 18.
- Special SAY for Super Bowl Sunday: Because of the Super Bowl this weekend, SAY will be meeting off-site at 2 p.m. on Sunday for the first annual SAY Olympics. Please check your email from Benton for more details.
- Valentine's Vow Renewal and Dinner — Feb 10: Vow renewal will take place at 7 p.m. in the Great Hall for any married couple that would like to participate; afterwards, we'll go to dinner together at Palio's (BYOB). The church will provide childcare from 7-10 p.m. Note: Date in the bulletin was incorrect — it's Saturday, Feb. 10 (Feb. 14 is Ash Wednesday).
The church season of Lent begins soon. We'll have our Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on Feb 13 at 6:30 p.m., then mark the beginning of Lent with Ash Wednesday services at 12 noon and 7 p.m. on the 14th. Both services will have childcare available.
If you're looking for more information on events coming up, especially those that are a little farther out than the next five days, remember you can always check out our website and our Facebook page. You can also listen to (or read) past sermons. May the Lord's peace and love fill your life the rest of this week.
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990