Week of January 14, 2018
Brothers and Sisters,
As you can see below, there's a lot of great stuff up at St. Andrew's just in the next five days...to say nothing of the rest of the month. At our annual meeting, we will be electing our vestry candidates for a three year term (beginning the next day) and our delegates to the annual convention of all the churches in our diocese. We will be sending out candidate profiles by email later in the week. Do look out for those and look them over if you would (we will also have them printed in the bulletin on Sunday).
Here's that list of great stuff this week:
- Annual Meeting — Sunday, 10:20 am — Our annual parish meeting will be held between the 9:15 and 11 a.m. services on January 21. You'll be able to pick up the annual report from 2017, hear an overview of the budget passed in 2018, elect new vestry members and delegates to diocesan convention, and hear about plans for the year ahead. The meeting will start about 10:20 a.m. — please plan to stay late at 9:15 or come early to the 11 a.m. service.
- Senior Luncheon — Thursday, Jan 28, 11:30 am — Come enjoy the warmth of fellowship and good food at our first senior luncheon of 2018. If you can, bring a main dish, salad, or dessert to share — but in any case bring yourself!
- Financial Peace University — Begins Thursday — On January 18, we're bringing back the 9 session Financial Peace University course to St. Andrew's. It's taught by Dave Ramsey, and each session presents steps and tools to get your personal finances to places you've only dreamed of (which in turn has wonderful effects on your spiritual and mental health). Classes meet from 7-8:30 p.m. through March 22. This course is open to all members of the community, so friends are welcome and encouraged. Registration is online, click here.
- Insanely Fun Game Night — Jan. 20, 5 p.m. — Not just fun, insanely fun! We'll have pizza, board games, and lots of fun with St. Andrew's families in the Great hall. A $10 donation is suggested for the pizza dinner; we'll have lots of games to play, but you're also welcome to bring your own.
- St. Andrew's Supper Groups — We are now putting together groups for the spring St. Andrew's Supper cycle. These are dinner groups for adults; the purpose is simply fellowship and getting to know one another. If you'd like to be a part, pleas email the St. Andrew's Supper Group coordinator, Judy Heasley.
- Exploring Episcopal Worship: Because we're running this 4 session series twice, at different times, I know it's a little confusing. This week we'll have:
• Session #2: Who Does What? — Wednesday — Jan 17, 7 pm
• Session #1: What is That? — Sunday Jan 21, 12:30 p.m.
If you're looking for more information on events coming up, especially those that are a little farther out than the next five days, remember you can always check out our website and our Facebook page. You can also listen to (or read) past sermons.
Even if I don't see you at one of the several parish events between now and then, I look forward to worshiping with you and celebrating our ministry together at the annual meeting on Sunday. May the Lord's peace and love fill your life the rest of this week.
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below:
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990