Week of December 31, 2017
Brothers and Sisters,
As the holidays draw to a close and another new year begins to shift into gear, all sorts of ministries at St. Andrew's are beginning to stir. I believe 2018 is going to be a wonderful year at St. Andrew's, and I look forward to doing the Lord's work together with you. Here's some of what's coming up soon:
- Exploring Episcopal Worship: Whether you're new to the Episcopal Church or a seasoned veteran of liturgical worship, this series will deepen your understanding and enrich your worship of God. NB: Explaining Episcopal Worship is a required component of adult and youth confirmation preparation this spring. There are four sessions in the series, and we're offering it twice. You can attend just on Wednesdays, just on Sundays, or some combination of the two.
- #1: What is That? • Jan 10, 7 pm • Jan 21, 12:30 pm
- #2: Who Does What? • Jan 17, 7 pm • Feb 4, 12:30 pm
- #3: Instructed Eucharist • Jan 24, 7 pm • Feb 18, 12:30 pm
- #4: Praying with the Propers • Jan 31, 7 pm • Mar 4, 12:30 pm
- Connecting with the Gospels, Wednesdays 7 pm: A Wednesday night (7-8 pm) forum for convivial fellowship focused on the Gospel reading for the following Sunday. No advance preparation is required. We will learn the gospel from one another as we read and share it together.
- BlessMobile - Upcoming Dates - To volunteer to help provide food or serve for any of these dates, email Hands & Feet.
- Jan. 9 - Taco Tuesday at Merritt
- Jan. 25 - Meal for the Homeless & Homeless Census Volunteers
- Jan. 28 - 4th Sunday at Merritt
- Meet St. Andrew's - January 14, 12:30 pm - Our next Meet St. Andrew's luncheon is just a few weeks away. These are for newcomers and those interested in membership. Meet St. Andrew's includes a tour of the campus, lunch with the clergy, and an introduction to our vision, values, and history. It's also a great chance to answer any questions you have about the parish. Children are welcome; after lunch they can play under the supervision of our childcare staff. To RSVP, please email Brandi McSwain with your name and the number coming.
- Financial Peace University - Begins January 18 - We're bringing back the 9 session Financial Peace University course to St. Andrew's. It's taught by Dave Ramsey, and each session presents steps and tools to get your personal finances to places you've only dreamed of (which in turn has wonderful effects on your spiritual and mental health). Classes meet from 7:00-8:30 pm through March 22nd. This course is open to all members of the community, so friends are welcome and encouraged. Registration is online, click here.
Merry eleventh day Christmas! Alleluia! To us a child is born!
In Christ, Andrew+
See the service calendars for this week by using the links below: Jan. 7
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church | 972-548-7990